Today web Application development is an essential need of every organization. There are many technologies available for development. It becomes very confusing to select right technology, which will serve your needs. Basically, web development is divided into four parts that are Server Side Scripting, Database, Frontend and Server. In this article, I am going to scrutinize web base technology to help you in selecting the right combination according to your need.
Server Side Scripting is a programming language for processing data according to your business logic. It runs on backend.
1) PHP – It is an open source language and widely used for development. It’s easily integrated with other technologies. Its best part is there are many open sources are available, which reduce your development cost very much.
2) ASP dot Net – It is Microsoft’s product and require license. The client who does not have money constrains use asp. You can rely on the MS quality support.
3) Java – It is an open source programming language. It is mostly used for enterprises level application development.
Database is where all the data get stored. These data are used by both frontend and backend.
1) MySQL – It is open source database software well suited for web base application. PHP – MYSQL is a best combination of programming language and database.
2) Oracle – It is considered as the best database. It is mostly used in enterprise application development.
3) Microsoft SQL – It is database software from Microsoft.
Following tools are in trend for developing frontend or User Interface.
1) Photoshop – It is best photo editing software. You can design your website according to your imagination.
2) HTML – It is a basic programming language used for website page development.
3) CSS – It is for maintaining the consistent design throughout the website.
4) Dreamweaver – It is a website designing tools.
7) Flash – Flash is a tool use for the making animation effects in the website.
To select right type of web hosting service which suites your need. Here is the place where all your application runs. Before selecting Webhosting Company collect information about their services and user review feedback.
1) Shared Hosting – It is best suited to small to the medium level website at low price. In this you get control only to your website. You cannot make changes in setting of server. Resources of server are shared by many websites also.
2) Virtual Dedicated Server – In VDS you get full control over shared part of server setting. It is good for medium to high level web application.
3) Dedicated Server – Hosting Company provides you a server machine at their data center. It is good for high level and critical web application.
4) Personnel server – In this Server you have to maintain each and everything yourself. It needs heavy investment.
According to my view point PHP and MySQL based technology is best of normal web application. Java and oracle based web development is suited for enterprises level application. Select the type of server as per your level of requirements.